Some things take time. Moscow is the mix I put a lot of effort to create.
It begins with authentic sounds of the city collected on various locations, mostly in the subway underground. Tracks in the first part have been mixed and put together in rather unconventional manner, out of the usual patterns. They make specific, very deep atmosphere, moving forward and building tempo for the finale. Interpretation of Waiting for Your Love by Japanese producer Osamu M is one of my favorite vocal tracks for years now, and I wanted to create something a bit different, mashing it up with The Dark Side, released about 8 years after. It is always interesting to mix the tracks from various eras, making it more challenging.
I found some old school trance cds in the record shop in Moscow, forgotten masterpieces like Do You Hear Me Now, released on Platipus way back in 2002 or Tunnelling from the year 2000. This musical style was one of my first true loves and it was great to take a look back, when this genre was so inspirational.
Genre: Deep/dark progressive house; trance
Date: February 2014
Length: 76:55 min
Quality: 320 kbps
Archive size: 158 MB
01. The Sound of Moscow (Intro)
02. Phoebus - The Magic of Sound (Stanisha Remix)
03. Soulkeys - Influences (Original Mix)
04. Namatjira - Ethos (Original Mix)
05. Heinrich Mendez - October Lights (Original Mix)
06. Vladimir Zuev - Transparent (Original Mix)
07. Alfredo Calderini - The Setbacks (Deep Fog Remix)
08. Dnyo - Aquatika (Luis Junior Remix)
09. Santiago Garcia - Tolva Love (Rikesto Remix)
10. Yana Kay vs Osamu M vs Fran von Vie - Waiting for Your Dark Side (Andrey Mashup)
11. Paul Kwitek - Black Ocean (Kintar Remix)
12. Airwave and Phi Phi - Back on Track (Original Mix)
13. Chab - Tunnelling (Original Mix)
14. Indiana - Do You Hear Me Now (Original Mix)