Trance at its very best, affiliated with deep progressive.
Trance can be described as "a state of hypnotism and heightened consciousness", with heritage way back from the early '70s and psychedelic musical expression. In the form of electronic music, it is launched beginning of '90s, with global success of the bands and projects like KLF and especially duo Jam&Spoon. Parallel with Europe, scene was rapidly developed in Israel and India, later to become known as psychedelic and goa trance movements. Despite its rather underground roots, over the years global popularity of this genre exploded. And where is the success, there is money, which resulted that the genre attracted a lot of producers, trying to make instant hits for large crowds. Soon, what was hypnotic and inspiring, became more similar to pop on steroids. Creative artists distanced from the happy vibes, while the vast majority continued to produce the music which will be forgotten soon after released. Trance faded...
This collapse was a bad thing for the global scene, but great for the music itself. Years later, trance was going back to the roots, but with new energy. Many artists, from techno, tech to deep, started to make tracks inspired by trance or to make their own visions of old tracks, like Solomun's brilliant Age of Love reinterpretation.
I have always been into this music. As a kid, I made hundreds of audio cassettes comps, but always coming back to Last Train to Trancentral, Odyssey to Anyoona, Love Stimulation, Orange Theme, What Time is Love...
I really wanted to compile this mix for a long while and finally the time has come. The whole album concept of Vertigo is based on binding of deep progressive, tech and trance. The idea was to present the energy driven mix, with work from John 00 Fleming, Digital Blonde, Rick Pier O'Neil, Pavlin Petrov among others. On the other side, the last track, Sorella, is the purest form of trance music, which I slowed down and edited for this mix. It was made in 2006 by Brittish cinematic composer and pianist Andrew Lee Farquhar. As a trance artist, he only had few tracks, but made an impressive work with melodic masterpiece Sacroscant, which drew attention of the genre heavyweights DJs back then.
Genre: Deep progressive house / Trance
Date: March 2019
Length: 79:45 min
Quality: 320 kbps
Archive size: 182 MB
01. Experimental Feelings - You Are Mine (Pavlin Petrov Remix)
02. Nipocra - Below the Root (D.X.Xavier Remix)
03. Age Of Love - The Age of Love (Solomun Renaissance Remix)
04. Microtrauma - Spero (Original Mix)
05. Juan Astudillo - Bonzai (Original Mix)
06. Scanfix - The Wandering (Original Mix)
07. Oliver Lieb - Dark Energy (Original Mix)
08. John 00 Fleming and Rick Pier O'Neil - The Devil's Punch Bowl (Part 1)
09. Rick Pier O'Neil - Loud And Proud (Part 2)
10. Clint Stewart - Breathe (Timmo Rework)
11. Suffused & Advent's Rising - Hard Trick (The Digital Blonde Remix)
12. Pavlin Petrov - Interstellar (Original Mix)
13. Jamie Baggotts - Jerusalem (Original Mix)
14. Alfa - Sorella 1 (Original Mix)